Monday 26 January 2009


This drawing is one of a series from last term "body object space" I have used  various mediums from charcoal and chalk to pastel and coloured pencil. it is almost to the scale of my own body. the reason i like this one,  is that u have to view it from a distance and then walk towards to see more of the details.I used masking tape over certain areas to keep them clean or draw over the top of what was there. my reason behind this drawing was to document my back before i chose to put a permanent mark on it by tattooing it.I think i have captured a likeness and there are definite areas which speak of bone ,tissue,muscle and flesh .I spent around four days on this drawing while continually sketching out others.  playing with the mediums i had chosen, i found a series of marks which let me speak honestly in describing my back in how it looked and felt . 

No comments: