Thursday 22 January 2009

breakthrough



white paper, scraps of paper, pencils, pastels, charcoal, 39"x79"

maybe the title is a little pathetic, but before making this work I had drawn rather figurative drawings and my aim was to pay attention to details and most desirable effect would be "photography-like" portraits. This piece of work was made in 2005. I did some life-drawing classes later but at the moment I hardly draw "pictures". I think I can be attentive to details and draw figuratively, but I do it only for the "designing" reasons, when I work on the project I draw interiors, people, pieces of furniture, plants, etc. But those drawings are only sketches made for purpose to further development in computer program.

I like this particular picture, because making this I wasn't limited with the paper size (there was a "industrial size" roll of paper) and subject - it was imaginative drawing just taking some inspiration from the surroundings (picture was made in the ruins of medieval monastery during art festival).

No comments: