Tuesday 20 January 2009




As a result of very little participation in the act of drawing last term, I have felt a determination to prove to myself that any previous skills I might have had, of both observation and execution, have been retained. For me, this drawing has been a success in the sense that I feel I can still accomplish what I regard as an accurate observation. I can be very self critical of my work and often perceive it as being overloaded with information, unnecessary lines and shading, but here I feel that I've managed to evade this tendency, balancing these things to work well within my area of investigation.

Conceptually, I have been investigating subjects like childhood, memory, nostalgia, exposure and horror through the absent body, so I wanted to see if I could address similar ideas with the figure present.

No comments: