Monday 26 January 2009

I chose this image because I like the soft pencil lines compared to the harsher, more controlled, black ink line. I used me left hand to draw the pencil parts then added the pen with my right hand. Like many drawings in this blog it was just a quick sketch which ended up working well because there is something very free about it. It was part of a project drawing cities we'd created from rubbish we'd found lying about. The city my group made was from cans and bottles. We were supposed to be drawing the created cities as actual city shapes, not as the objects they were created from, but I found this really tough. We had to imagine what our piles of rubbish would be if they really were a city scape and I found it really hard, I prefer to just draw what's in front of me.

No comments: