Monday 16 March 2009

A Page from my Sketchbook

The difficulty I had in choosing just one image out of so many demonstrated to me how much I value variation  in my artwork. This a page taken from a sketchbook done during a trip to India and is the result of wanting to find a way of recording particular moments of my experience. With only a short time frame to do it in, drawing from live situations like this always provides me with a sense of urgency, and gives my drawings more fluency, as it requires the eye to analyze what it sees in a split second. Through this particular drawing I noticed how transferable the skills that I am taught in life drawing are: working rapidly from a moving figure in the studio is no different to attempting to capture the sweeping movements of these birds as they filled my surroundings.

No comments: